posted Fri, Aug 10, 2012
FD training- auto extrication practical
Tue, May 21, 2013
Sun, Jun 2, 2013
Suppression tactics & stragegy lecture
Tue, Jun 4, 2013
Westhampton Fire Department
48 Stage Road
Westhampton, MA 01027
Fire Chief: Christopher W. Norris
Deputy Chiefs: Steve Holt, Lee Douchkoff, John Bridgman
Westhampton, MA, Fire Department
Follow Us on Facebook!!!!
PAGE LAST UPDATED 04/28/2013
OUTDOOR BURNING IS NOT ALLOWED TODAY. BURNING SEASON IS OVER AND WILL RESUME AGAIN NEXT YEAR ON JANUARY 15TH
April 2, 2013- Come join us at Steve's Sugar Shack on Saturday, April 13th from 0700-1400 for our annual pancake breakfast fundraiser. We hope to see everyone there!
March 4, 2013- Annual Town Report for 2012 was added to "About Us" link
January 28, 2013-
The Westhampton Fire Department was notified today by the Executive Office of Public Safety and the State Fire Marshal's Office that our FY 2013 Student Awareness of Fire Education (SAFE) grant application was approved in the amount of $3,725. These funds will be used to continue the public life safety and fire education in the elementary school and/or community programs. The goal of this program is to minimize and/or eliminate the negative impacts fire and other hazards contribute to injuries and fatalities of the children in our community.
January 14, 2013- Westhampton Fire Department promotes sprinklers in Elementary School
December 9, 2012- Please watch video below in regards to keeping your Christmas Tree watered.
STORM PREPAREDNESS ACTION ITEMS
- Stay away from any downed utility lines! Notify Public safety
- Don’t drive vehicles into flooded areas or moving water
- Bring all outside items that will blow away or cause damage inside
- Have plentiful supply of medications, oxygen, etc.
- Generators- no running generators near homes
- Do not use grills or propane grills in your homes
- CO detectors/smoke detectors- have everyone make sure these are functioning
- Spare flashlights and batteries, radios
- Charge up cell phones & computers
- Fuel up personal vehicles
- Use candles sparingly
- Consider having cash on hand for purchase of essential items needed for long duration power outages
- Be prepared to be self-sufficient for at least 24-48 hours
- Call 911 for emergencies only
10/26/2012- Please share with everyone.....The annual Westhampton Halloween trick-or-treating has been moved to this Sunday, October 28th at 6:15PM beginning at the Regional School.
10/25/2012- HURRICANE SANDY PREPARENESS TIPS-
8-13-2012- Selectboard votes to support grant funding for Reverse 911 system for town-wide emergency notifications. Click here to learn more about the system http://www.blackboard.com/Platforms/Connect/Overview.aspx
See video on system capabilities here http://luminosity-group.com/blackboard/deploy/
09/05/2012- Excellent job by the members of the Westhampton Fire Department minimizing the property damage at this house fire. Couldn't have been done without the automatic aid help from all the other communities. See article below.
09/06/2012- Article about 5 South Road house fire from Republican paper. Please note the importance of working home smoke detectors and the value of residential fire sprinklers for life safety and property conservation.
09/12/2012- FY 2013 SAFE applications released today